Here’s a spicy and satisfying meal you can make in less than 15 minutes. Use it as a filling for tacos or burritos.
- 1/2 large onion, diced
- 1/2 large green bell pepper, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced or pressed (optional)
- 1/2 yellow or red bell pepper, diced
- 1 link Trader Joe’s Soy Chorizo (vegan and no preservatives)
- 1 can corn, drained
- 1 can garbanzo beans, drained (same as chick peas)
- 2 fresh tomatoes, diced
- 1 small can diced green chiles or green salsa (I like to use Trader Joe’s New Mexico Valley Fire Roasted Diced Green Chile)
- Cilantro, chopped (optional)
- salt and pepper (it doesn’t need much salt)
Remove the soy chorizo from the casing and heat in a pan. Use a little oil if necessary and add the rest of the ingredients and cook for about 5 minutes. Add the fresh tomatoes at the end, mix, and serve.