Here’s a dish you can put together in a heart beat.
You are not limited to using the ingredients I’ve listed below. Use any Daniel Fast friendly condiments and ingredients you’re in the mood for.
Ingredients (measurements don’t have to be exact):
- 10 small red potatoes, cubed
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 bunch scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 cup or more soy bean sprouts
- 1 package Boca soy crumbles
- Iceberg or butter lettuce leaves
- Grape seed oil to coat the pan
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame seed oil
- Salt and pepper
Other veggies you can add: onions, garlic, green beans, mushroom, zucchini, frozen stir fry vegetables, corn, etc.
1. Brown potatoes with salt and pepper on medium heat for about 15 minutes or until they are tender. Use a non-stick pan.
2. Stir in soy crumbles. Cook for 5 more minutes.
3. Add all the veggies, sesame oil, and soy sauce. Cook veggies until they reach the desired doneness.
4. Put about 3 tablespoons of the filling in a lettuce leaf and eat like a taco.